School Community Relations
I grew up in Quinlan and love the Quinlan and Lake Tawakoni area. It is my hometown. My family runs and operates a real estate company and has been instrumental in the community for almost 50 years. I graduated from Texas A&M at Commerce in 1995 with a Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies. I began working in QISD in December of 1999. I am married and have two children. My son grew up through Quinlan schools and is now married with two small children. My daughter is going into the 8th grade at Thompson Middle School. I do everything I can to promote Quinlan ISD in the most positive manner. I am very passionate about what I do. Quinlan ISD is an awesome place. My motto is "On your worst day on the job, you are still some child's best hope." by Larry Bell. This statement is very true in all of QISD.
School-Community Relations in Quinlan Schools is Crucial...
Quinlan ISD School-Community Relations serves as the internal and external communications department for district happenings and events.
- The department strives to reliably facilitate effective communications between our school staff, students, parents, business and community members through various resources and news outlets.
- QISD utilizes the REMIND communications system to reach parents at the district level effectively, campus level, classroom level, and more.
- The department is dedicated to building relationships in the school and community based on trust and transparency.
- Positive news abounds in our district, and QISD School-Community Relations is proud to share those success stories through local media outlets, e-newsletters, our website, and an assortment of social media sites.
Other responsibilities of the School-Community Relations Department include:
- Managing Social Media, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Managing News Releases to area newspapers and TV outlets.
- Distribution of district newsletters called the "QISD Inside."
- Serving as a board member of the Lake Tawakoni Regional Chamber of Commerce for 25 years, currently serving in the Vice President position.
- Serving as the District Liaison for the QISD Education Foundation since its creation in 2005.
- Currently working to implement a non-profit board to start the first Quinlan ISD Alumni Alliance.
- The office is the lead coordinator for special events such as
- Homecoming week
- Teacher of the Year program
- End-of-year employee appreciation banquet
- “Taste of Tawakoni” back-to-school event
The annual “Taste of Tawakoni” event brings in various eateries and businesses to feed QISD staff members at no cost and offers over $5,000 in prizes, reducing the cost to the district by over 85%.
- MUCH MORE
If you have a special feature story about a student, team, staff member, alumni, or community member, please share your ideas and possible story with Tiffony Chapman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, see the Marketing Department and Family and Community Engagement for more community-related news and programs.